Clinical Social Worker - Augusta Dialysis (Part-time)
Job location: Waynesboro, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Renal Clinical Social Workers provide services that support and promote maximum psychosocial functioning to patients and their families who are experiencing end stage renal disease. A range of services are provided to ameliorate social and emotional stresses which result from the interrelated physical social and psychological concomitants of End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) including shortened life expectancy altered lifestyles marked by changes in social financial vocational and sexual functioning and the demands of a rigorous time consuming and complex treatment regimen. Renal Clinical Social Workers are essential members of an inter-disciplinary team and responsible for facilitating positive treatment environment policies which are attuned to cultural religious and ethnic differences among patients and which demonstrate respect for individuality independence and patient choice.
- Provides complete bio-psycho social assessment at regular intervals based on patient presentation and as per CMS regulations.
- Fully participates in the care planning process and facilitates patient engagement in Plan Of Care.
- Provides direct clinical services to patients and their families which are based on individual needs preferences and resources. These services are targeted at adjustment to treatment chronic illness changes in lifestyle independence quality of life emotional and psychiatric disturbance grief and issues related to end of life.
- Provides a range of case management services to patients and their families in order to maximize eligibility for entitlements community resources and benefits programs.
- Documents all activities relevant to assessment direct clinical work casework treatment planning and crisis intervention in accordance with UVA MC Renal Services Social Work policy and the appropriate legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains acceptable working knowledge of resources changes in laws or guidelines relevant to the practice of Clinical Social Work in the state of Virginia and by CMS and identifies need for further training to enhance knowledge skills and abilities.
- Participates in own professional development and maintains any and all relevant licenses certifications and other requirements for practice including continuing education.
- Assesses own practice and seeks input from others for improvement as needed and participates in any training and education identified for improved skills and abilities.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Masters degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited social work program required.
Experience: No experience required.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, standing/traveling or use of assistive and climbing (stairs, steps). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail, hear, speak, see, distinguish colors, read, ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.