IT Analyst Senior, BI Developer
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
The IT Analyst Senior, Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for using the enterprise’s data to design, create, and maintain BI reports and tools in support of clinical, business, and research operations at UVA Health. Performs data analysis utilizing appropriate analytics methodologies and fosters data-driven decision-making by providing valuable consultative analytics support to executives and service line leadership, in accordance with regulatory standards as appropriate. Epic certification preferred.
- Participate in cross-functional performance improvement team efforts, ensuring appropriate analysis of data, data accuracy, and data availability.
- Consult with all levels of staff to help solve problems, as well as contribute to highly-visible organizational projects through the analysis and presentation of data.
- Collaborate with operational subject matter experts and stakeholders, serving as lead developer and resident expert for outcomes-related metrics, ensuring accurate metadata, target/threshold acquisition, appropriate metric and report development, data validation, maintenance, and modification.
- Collect business requirements from appropriate stakeholders, design, code, validate, deploy, and maintain the semantic layer and metadata for complex reports and reporting tools, creating efficient and appropriately distributed solutions.
- Utilize tools such as Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS, SAP Crystal Reports, Epic Reporting Workbench, Extract Framework, and Radar Dashboards, as well as Tableau, to build BI intelligence solutions.
- Develop code with structured query language (SQL), preferably Microsoft T-SQL.
- Employ tools such as Microsoft Excel, R, and Minitab to perform analysis of data.
- Design data collection tools based on parameters appropriate for the situation.
- Perform system administration: build, test, and assist with upgrade/enhancement/patch-related implementation activities.
- Adhere to specific team and departmental quality standards and development best practices.
- Appropriately monitor the team work queue and triage requests (ensuring coverage if-needed).
- Participate in governance and Change Control-related activities (ensuring coverage if-needed).
- Regularly provide guidance and training to less experienced team members.
- Coach customers, as appropriate, on the use of BI tools.
- Adapt to competing demands, shifting priorities, and organizational constraints.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 5 years of relevant experience. Good understanding of relational databases. Proficient with T-SQL. Intermediate experience with organizing and analyzing large datasets. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Able to learn new software as required for the position.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.