Business Student Recruitment Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Title:1482-NN - Student Services Coordinator/Advisor 2
Business Title:Business Student Recruitment Coordinator
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Job Family:Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Business Student Recruitment Coordinator serves as the lead contact for undergraduate recruitment activities for the Carson College of Business (CCB). This position is responsible for independently developing, directing, and managing recruitment activities and supporting the First Year orientation for the College. Under the direction of the Assistant Director for Student Engagement & Scholarships, this position develops and implements strategies that enable the Carson College to recruit and develop a diverse cadre of business leaders for success in a global workforce.
The Carson College believes in the necessity and strength of having diverse populations within our majors. Research shows that this creates deeper conversations and strengthens the learning environment by introducing multiple perspectives, which in turn improves businesses. We are committed to offering the region’s best business education and our focus on adding diverse populations ensures that.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to: planning and implementing recruitment strategies; coordinating the Carson College’s involvement in university recruitment events and campus visits; delivering engaging recruitment presentations; researching and building relationships with high school and community college personnel; implementing strategic outreach to targeted student populations; coordinating and developing effective recruitment material consistent with university marketing/branding strategies; represent the College on university recruitment committees; and supporting the College’s First Year Orientation. This position also serves as a liaison with Admissions/New Student Programs, community colleges, business teachers at state and regional high schools, and other organizations that provide access to potential students interested in business.
Positions require a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional work experience in student services or related education/experience. Experience leading or directing the work of others. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one (1) year of professional work experience. Any combination of relevant education and professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year‐for‐year basis.
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering engaging and persuasive presentations to small and large audiences.
- Two years’ experience coordinating on-going programs/services/events.
- Demonstrated experience developing positive and lasting relationships with colleagues and constituents outside one’s organization.
- Strong written and verbal intercultural communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with others from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Ability to work frequent evenings and weekends with advanced notice. Ability to travel to recruiting events, and valid driver’s license.
- Experience as a participant of TRIO programs such as SSS, Upward Bound, McNair, Talent Search GEAR UP, CAMP, Smart Start, or similar programs.
- Experience recruiting and working with at-risk and diverse student populations and their parents.
- Strong understanding of the challenges that at-risk and diverse student populations face in higher education.
- Experience developing recruiting strategies and meeting recruiting goals.
- Experience creating or designing effective promotional material, videos, and/or web content.
- Experience teaching, tutoring, or mentoring high school aged students. And experience working with parents of HS students.
- Knowledge of, or experience with the WSU student experience (student life, housing, programs/services, admissions process, financial aid, enrollment, events, etc.).
- Experience working in higher education admissions, new student programs, student services, or corporate work experience in recruitment or sales.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99164
Department: Carson College of Business
Department Link: business.wsu.edu
Background Check: This position has been designated to require a background check.
Close Date: March 12, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
2) Cover letter
Time Type:Full time
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.