Data and Reporting Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Title:1496-NN - Business Data Analyst
Business Title:Data and Reporting Analyst
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Job Family:Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Data and Reporting Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation, operation, maintenance, documentation, and support of donor, financial and institutional data collection, management, analysis and reporting;
This position will analyze, develop and maintain all data elements in the data warehouse, including defining, implementing, and editing code based on data reporting needs.
The position also provides functional support and configuration for financial and gift processing reporting, including setup/update of configuration values, system testing; month end, calendar and fiscal year-end financial closing reporting activities as it relates to institutional reporting requirements.
This position will also work interface with university budget and finance teams and the Foundation Finance team to develop business system analysis to ensure effective use and utilization of systems’ and tools for the donor data, accounting and finance areas for analysis, management, reporting, compliance and decision-making.
Positions require a Bachelor’s degree in a related field AND three (3) years of professional experience in business data analysis or related; OR a combination of education and experience totaling seven (7) years from which comparable knowledge and ability are acquired.
- Experience with data mining or utilizing computer databases to extract data for business reports.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientated.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with discerning analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience troubleshooting information technology.
- Experience using collaboration and personal productivity tools.
- Experience using modern operating systems.
- Experience implementing or working with Ellucian Advance Web or other higher education database management systems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SSIS and SSAS – SQL Server and Reporting Services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process, ethics and policies of professional fundraising.
- Experience working in a non-profit, fundraising environment, gift and financial reporting.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Position Term in months: 12
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99163
Department: University Development
Department Link: foundation.wsu.edu
Background Check: This position has been designated to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: March 1, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
2) Cover letter
Time Type:Full time
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.