EFNEP Nutrition Education Assistant, Clark County
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
Title:255M-YN - Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 1
Business Title:EFNEP Nutrition Education Assistant, Clark County
Job Family:Civil Service - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
This position will work in the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program known as EFNEP. The Nutrition Education Assistant, with training and supervision, teaches about nutrition in culturally sensitive and appropriate ways for adults and youth, low income audiences in various community locations. The mission is to teach adults and youth with limited incomes to develop skills and behaviors to eat healthfully. This position presents nutrition and food lessons to participants at locations throughout the county as part of the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP). This position is located at WSU Clark County Extension and will work primarily with Caucasian and Hispanic audiences.
- Six months of full-time experience/training in the appropriate discipline; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Experience working food and nutrition in an educational setting.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings.
- Must have the ability to travel, including overnight travel.
- Ability to organize materials for classes.
- Reliable transportation (mileage reimbursed) year around. While using a private vehicle for official business, the successful candidate must have current automobile liability insurance (meeting the requirements described in RCW 46.30.020 and RCW 46.29.090 ) and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain within 14 days of hire and maintain a current Washington State Food Workers Card.
- Employment is contingent upon successful WSU Background Check.
- Experience planning and delivering nutritional education to youth and adults.
- Ability to work well with other people and diverse program participants.
- Ability to keep written logs of activities and complete reports.
Monthly Salary: $2,453.60
Position Term in months: 12
City, State: Vancouver, WA
Department Link: Washington EFNEP | Washington State University (wsu.edu)
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check
Close Date: February 28, 2021
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.