Accreditation and Assessment Coordinator
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.General Description (Purpose and Function):
Reporting to the Associate Provost for University Accreditation, the Accreditation and Assessment Coordinator supports the operational activities associated with university accreditation and assessment processes. The Coordinator administers, maintains, and provides training for software solutions used to document and facilitate accreditation and assessment. The Coordinator also manages the office, its websites, and its electronic databases.Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For Non-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort):
- Serves as the system administrator of the University’s assessment management system, Taskstream AMS. Trains faculty and staff to use Taskstream AMS. Provides Taskstream AMS user support and troubleshoots user issues.
- Generates regular reports on submissions and reviews for the Director and Associate Provost to ensure timely completion of all annual assessment activities.
- Assists Director in reviewing assessment plans and reports, following up with faculty and staff to revise them as needed, and organizing assessment training workshops and online learning.
- Maintains and annually updates assessment templates and instructional materials.
- Coordinates communication to programs and units regarding assessment.
- Coordinates and maintains the annual calendar of university accreditation and assessment activities.
- Manages and maintains the office’s electronic databases to manage accreditation and assessment processes using AirTable.
- Serves as the database administrator for CoursEval. Prepares query files from CaneLink and imports data into CoursEval. Sets up email communications and administers Quality Enhancement Plan and General Education assessment surveys each semester.
- Conducts initial review of academic program proposals (new programs, curriculum changes, program closures, etc.) submitted through the CIM Programs electronic system. Works closely with the University Registrar’s Office to develop training materials and provide support to faculty and staff on CIM Programs.
- Maintains and updates the office’s internet and intranet websites including mandatory public disclosure and compliance webpages using Cascade enterprise content management system. Contacts key faculty and staff across the University to update information and maintains an online database in AirTable to manage information.
- Researches and compiles out-of-state enrollment and learning placement data for mandatory distance education reporting to NC-SARA, working closely with departmental offices to ensure integrity of institutional data.
- Supports the Associate Provost in meeting compliance and reporting requirements for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Manages the office’s electronic archives in OnBase to ensure proper documentation of compliance and facilitate ease of storing and locating materials.
- Organizes and manages accreditation meetings and events during periodic reviews.
- Assists Associate Provost in annual and long-range budget planning for the office and periodic accreditation reviews.
- Provides support in ensuring documentation of office policies, procedures, and reporting processes.
- Manages office including managing and troubleshooting issues with office equipment, ordering office supplies, managing purchasing card, reconciling expense accounts, as well as preparing and tracking BERF’s, check requisitions, and purchase orders in Workday.
- Engages in continuing professional development activities related to the office’s software solutions.
- Performs any other duties as may be required.
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, speaking, and interpersonal communication. Pays high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and function effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency with web-editing or cloud-based systems preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively with sensitive information.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in education or related field.
- Required: Three years of related experience.
- Preferred: Prior higher education experience preferred.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104