Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension has opportunity for a research analyst to join a new team actively engaged in translational research with multiple ongoing research studies. The research analyst will play a central role in the collation, organization, data analysis of research data. The research analyst will be the point person for all things data related. The research analyst will be expected to have deep knowledge in epidemiology or statistics and have experience analyzing large longitudinal epidemiological datasets. The research analyst will work in a fast-paced environment in which very strong quantitative skills are essential. To effectively perform in this position, the research analyst will need to acquire an excellent working knowledge of datasets, epidemiological methods, and SAS programming. This individual will work directly with researchers, research staff, and, where necessary, external collaborators.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes data and interprets research findings.
- Identifies appropriate data sources to conduct and execute analyses.
- Verifies accuracy and internal consistency of reports, including required state and federal reports.
- Ensures proper technical documentation and preparation of tabular and written reports and gives oral presentations.
- Completes surveys and reports, discipline-specific accreditation, and admission and grant proposals.
- Provides feedback and assistance on honing conclusions and recommendations into actionable findings.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Strong proficiency in SAS programming with prior experience in SAS, R, or other programming languages
- Utilize statistical software (such as SAS) to clean, recode data, and merge datasets from multiple sources.
- Strong statistical background
- Demonstrated facility with analytic tasks
- Perform descriptive analysis and creates tables and figures from the data.
- Experience analyzing longitudinal data
- Desire to publish peer reviewed manuscripts
- Serve as the principle liaison between the research group and database developers, for the maintenance and ongoing development of the research database
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r4