Clinical Research Coordinator 3
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center is actively seeking a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator 3. The Clinical Research Coordinator 3 serves as an experienced clinical research professional responsible for providing leadership in the planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating of multiple clinical research protocols. This role manages multiple studies’ daily operations, carries out study coordination duties from protocol development and initiation to study close-out according to regulatory/sponsor guidelines, assures each study’s integrity, and mentors less experienced Clinical Research Coordinators. The incumbent monitors and maximizes adherence to research standards and regulatory guidelines and approved operational procedures, works closely with study team members and other staff/faculty/study sites to ensure study participant safety and adherence to approved protocols, manages study-related administrative and human resources tasks, facilitates across-the-board flow of information, and orchestrates study activities and personnel.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates the implementation of multiple complex clinical research protocols.
- Develops SOPs and templates with guidance from the PI/Clinical Research Manager.
- Oversees and facilitates eligibility screening and study recruitment activities; implements strategies to increase accrual.
- Manages sample processing, packing, and shipping according to protocol, applicable standards, and regulations.
- Plans and operationalizes strategies to monitor, document, report, and follow-up on unanticipated occurrences and protocol deviations. Develops and implements preventive/corrective actions.
- Develops, disseminates, and assures adherence to study-related clinical research best practices/scientific manuals.
- Assumes leadership in protocol implementation and study progress, keeping investigators apprised of study progress.
- Provides leadership in identifying and working through ethical conflicts arising during protocol implementation, and refers these conflicts to the Research Ethics Team for consults as needed.
- Organizes/manages site visits and internal/external auditing activities as assigned.
- Coordinates research team meetings; assures communications across-the-board.
- Assures synchronization of study visits/procedures/ clinical tests with data collection schedules, established time-points; manages progress of study participants through protocol; expedites overall study progression.
- Coordinates the compilation of information needed for research reports; peer-reviewed publications; develops strategies to disseminate information to clinical personnel, professional audiences and stakeholders.
- Follows the appropriate fundamental requirements of all international, national, and local regulatory bodies.
- Maintains requisite skills and mandatory training in safety, equality, responsible conduct of research, continuing education, and research competencies.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Current Research Coordinator certification by the Association of Clinical Research Professionals or Society of Clinical Research Associates for a minimum of 6 months
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r7