Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Dermatology is actively seeking a full-time Entry Scientist to work on the UHealth campus. The Entry Scientist supports assigned research activities for the department. The appointee also furthers the University’s research goals and objectives and advances the University’s reputation as a leader in the field.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recruits and maintains patients in clinical research protocols.
- Provides and follows best practices in clinical and translational research performance.
- Processes and analyzes results and data.
- Communicates results to the scientific community via published papers and agency reports.
- Presents ongoing work and findings to colleagues at academic conferences, summarizing the nature of the research, methodology, and results.
- Stays abreast of the work of other scientists within the department and scientific community.
- Attends conferences and reads relevant journals.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Responsible for patient interactions in clinical trials, including regularly answering phones and scheduling appointments. Bilingual applicants preferred.
- Will assist on recruitment of patients and maintaining patient database in clinical research protocols.
- Duties include performing clinical trials procedures, to include but not limited to, Dermatology procedures in wound healing, dermatitis, hair, etc.
- Phlebotomy experience is preferred as almost all clinical trial visits involve bloodwork.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Ph.D., M.D. or other doctoral level degree required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred due to volume of Spanish speaking patients.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r5