Sr. Research Analyst
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Division of Neuromuscular Disorders has an outstanding opportunity for a Sr. Research Analyst to join a very active clinical/translational research program with multiple ongoing research studies. The Sr. Research Analyst will play a central role in the collation, organization, and management of research data, essentially serving as the point person for “all things data-related” in the research group. The Sr. Research Analyst will be expected to carry out high quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment in which strong quantitative skills are essential. To effectively perform in this position, the Sr. Research Analyst will need an excellent working knowledge of ongoing research activities, and to function as an integral member of the research team. This individual will work directly with investigators, research staff, and external collaborators. The Sr. Research Analyst prepares data, conducts statistical analysis, and summarizes results for large research projects. Moreover, the incumbent supervises evaluation projects and junior staff members to ensure all department activities are in compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes data and interprets research findings.
- Verifies accuracy and internal consistency of reports including required state and federal reports.
- Provides guidance, mentorship, and structure to staff and collaborators.
- Summarizes and explains research findings and their implications.
- Completes surveys and reports, discipline-specific accreditation, and grant proposals.
- Provides feedback and assistance in transforming conclusions and recommendations into actionable findings.
- Prepares significant research findings for publication.
- Merges data, creates data code books, and recodes variables to prepare data for analyses.
- Suggests solutions to problems related to data management and statistical analysis.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Strong quantitative aptitude
- Demonstrated facility with analytic tasks
- Strong sense of focus and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to acquire new knowledge quickly
- Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with SAS, R, or other similar statistical software
- Demonstrated experience in writing novel code for data management tasks
- Experience in a medical research or healthcare setting
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r5