Sr. Tumor Registrar - UMHC-SCCC Tumor Registrars
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-20
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The UMHC-SCCC Tumor Registrar Team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Tumor Registrar.
The Tumor Registrar in this role will conduct case finding and abstracting screening and carefully review Suspense files and other sources to identify eligible cases for abstracting in compliance with Commission on Cancer (CoC) and Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS) guidelines.
- Place all ineligible cases into the Non Reportable File in the METRIQ Database.
- Identify, review and abstract inpatient and outpatient medical records with Tumor Registry eligibility criteria for both Analytic and Non Analytic cases.
- Enter abstracted data into Tumor Registry’s electronic database.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of data entered.
- Follow-up with physicians, healthcare providers, family members, patient or other reliable resources for clarification of missing and/or incomplete information.
- Utilize appropriate and approved coding resources; e.g., American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, Florida Cancer Data System, etc.
- Prepare statistical reports, as requested, utilizing abstracted data for internal, external, FCDS, NCDB reporting.
- Assist with preparation of charts, tables, graphs, analysis, etc.
- Interact with navigators, physicians, nurses, and all other necessary individuals to ensure compliance with standards of care.
- Follow-up § Assist with follow-up and tracking of cancer patients to determine current health status/outcome of eligible patients.
- Update Tumor Registry database with follow-up information.
- Prepare and submit follow-up data to other agencies as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Certified Tumor Registrar required.
- Three (3) years of Certified Tumor Registry or directly related work experience required.
- Preference given for additional experience working in oncology, or other clinical / healthcare environment
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105