Lecturer in Biological Sciences
Lecturer in Biological SciencesJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
Position is full-time academic year non-tenure track, limited to 06-18-2022 with anticipated renewal.
The Department of Biological Sciences in the College of the Environment & Life Sciences (CELS) at The University of Rhode Island (URI) invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Biological Sciences. The successful candidate will teach the second course in the two-semester series of human anatomy and physiology (senses, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, immune, respiratory, digestive, urinary, and reproductive) and the one-semester introductory biology course that prepares students in pharmacy, kinesiology, health studies, and related majors. The candidate will support URI’s mission to provide students with academic experiences that expose them to different perspectives, life experiences, and ways of knowing. Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to the design and implementation of inclusive pedagogical models that enhance a sense of belonging and academic success among undergraduate students from diverse cultures, disciplines, and academic backgrounds. Other assignments may include teaching a freshman seminar course and student advising.
The CELS website (http://web.uri.edu/cels/) provides more information about the department and research facilities at the University.
1. Master’s or Ph.D. degree in biological sciences or a life sciences field at time of application.
2. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of students and faculty.
3. Demonstrated ability to function independently and collaboratively in a complex academic environment.
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
5. Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
6. Demonstrated evidence of excellent teaching that employs inclusive pedagogies.
1. At least one semester of college-level teaching experience in Human Anatomy and Physiology and/or Introductory Biology.
2. Undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline.
3. Experience in using e-campus and Brightspace (or other learning management systems) in teaching at the college level.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation:
Position is full-time academic year non-tenure track, limited to 06-18-2022 with anticipated renewal.Department:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) Statement of Teaching Philosophy
(#4) “Other Document” – names and contact information of three professional references.Position Number:
03/12/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: