SENIOR STUDENT RECRUITMENT SPECIALIST – CENTRAL & NORTHERN MO REGION #00025659
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35650
Hiring Department Office of Admissions Application DeadlineOpen Until Filled Full Time/Part TimeFull-time, benefit eligible Salary$16.92/hour - $18.20/hour Job DescriptionThis position will perform recruitment activities in central and northern Missouri regions. This position will perform significant recruiting and admissions functions, such as meeting with prospective students, attending college fairs, scheduling high school visits, webinars and chat sessions, and organizing special events.
- Provide team lead responsibilities to various recruiting campaigns and projects, including efforts to increase and/or develop student diversity
- Develop and implement student recruiting strategies and marketing techniques
- Advise and assist prospective students in explanation of academic programs and admissions requirements
- Represent the university at recruiting activities at high schools and undergraduate colleges and universities
- Solicit prospective student names from high school and undergraduate colleges and universities by maintaining relationships with counselors and advisors
- Coordinate special admissions programs for minority and/or scholastic students
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable school or college admissions requirements and university policies governing recruitment efforts
- Organize campus activities to enhance campus visits of recruits, colleges, universities and/or high schools
- Coordinate and participate in development and implementation of Admissions team communication strategies, including meeting with prospective students and students' families
- Assist with development of training programs and materials for recruitment team and Admissions staff; provide specific training presentations at staff retreats and related training sessions
- Provide team lead for all social media channels
- Record, via electronic entry, communications to and from prospective students
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Direct experience in student recruitment
- Three or more years of experience in student recruitment, marketing, or other highly interactive promotional fields
- Strong organizational skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, self-motivation, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word Suite, familiarity with PeopleSoft and Slate, high comfort level with technology and social media, and the ability to analyze and present data effectively
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: