Student Assistant - HACER Peer Mentor
Job Title: Student Assistant - HACER Peer Mentor
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224115
The Hispanic Achievers Committed to Excellence in Results (HACER) peer mentor will report to the bilingual senior student success advisor in Student Engagement and Success. The HACER peer mentor (HPM) will be a knowledgeable role model for students in the HACER learning Community. The HPM will be responsible for helping students navigate their transition into and through college and serve as a resource on campus services, academic success strategies, and co-curricular activities and programs.Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain mentoring relationships with HACER learning community students.
- Facilitate individual and group mentoring sessions
- Maintain weekly contact with mentees
- Submit regular reports to document engagement with mentees
- Collaborate with SES staff to develop and deliver relevant programs and activities.
- Participate in mentor training, HACER learning community activities, and other required meetings
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA and college policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 12 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College
- 18 years of age or older
- Earned at least 30 credit hours
- Must be in and maintain good standing with the Office of Student Integrity for the duration of employment
- Must be in and maintain good academic for the duration of employment
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or above
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with culturally diverse groups
"Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request."
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]