SPAC Policy Analyst
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Office of Sponsored Projects Accounting and Compliance (SPAC) is currently recruiting for a SPAC Policy Analyst. This position involves creating policy and procedure for sponsored projects accounting and compliance for functions to appropriately analyze, monitor, prepare, invoicing, and issue reporting. Assists campus with sponsored projects management by developing resources and providing training.
*****This is a contractual position at a .75 FTE*****
The ideal candidate will personally connect with the Administration and Finance Guiding Principles which closely mirror UMB’s core values: Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Knowledge, Leadership, Communication, & Work/Life Balance. Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 11 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. Primary Duties:
- Determine the most effective and efficient method for collecting information at the federal, state, and local industry levels and entities.
- Review and analyze data and make recommendations for appropriate action.
- Perform cost benefit analysis of proposed recommendations.
- Draft proposals and contracts for actions to provide new or enhanced organization systems and/or services.
- Serve as an advocate and negotiator for implemented policies.
- Partner with other personnel to design, evaluate, and implement new processes, procedures, and special projects.
- Prepare appropriate documents including manuscripts, testimonies, proposals, manuals, white papers, policy briefs, and reports.
- Support management with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Assists in coordination of responses to internal or external agencies, including site visits, desk reviews, and audits.
- Develop and understanding of contract, grant and cooperative agreement terms and conditions, as well as other administrative rules, cost principles and regulations under OMB' Uniform Guidance, the FAR and the NIH Grants Policy Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as accounting, finance, or business administration, management or related field.
Experience: Four (4) years of related experience in policy review, analysis, and design. A focus on financial or management accounting, budget, auditing, and assessment of internal controls, financial analysis, post-award accounting, or lifecycle research administration experience is a plus.
Other: No substitution of experience for minimum education requirement. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently.
Fundamental knowledge, concepts, and principles of sponsored projects and applicable regulations.
Fundamental skills in budget, financial, and fiscal analysis. Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute multiple assignments. Familiar with financial databases and related technology. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Demonstrated ability to implement novel ideas and incorporate methodologies into processes, as well as the ability to identify areas for development and improvement in the operation and the organization. Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Sponsored Projects Accounting and Compliance
Job Posting: Feb 15, 2021
Unposting Date: Feb 22, 2021, 11:59:00 PM