IT Support Associate
The University of Maryland School of Social Work has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Associate. Under general supervision, the selected candidate provides moderately complex support for the School’s Apple and Windows computers. This position will interact regularly with School of Social Work faculty, staff, and students.
This Non-Exempt, Regular position offers a generous benefits package that starts with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Diagnoses resolve, and follows-through on problems. Determines impact of proposed solutions.
- Utilize helpdesk software to manage queue(s), including job/ticket creation, tracking, resolution, and documentation.
- Implements routine applications. Trains clients in the use of these applications.
- Conducts moderately complex information technology courses in a classroom setting.
- Installs software and hardware such as mobile devices, workstations, and printers.
- Maintains and distributes software documentation, reference manuals, and training guides.
- Assists in the installation, troubleshooting, testing, maintenance, and design of communications systems such as data, voice, video, and networks.
- Performs standard preventive maintenance and simple repairs or arranges for the repair of computers and peripherals.
- Maintains and distributes hardware documentation, reference manuals, and inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Two (2) years with the types of hardware and software to be supported, including one (1) year of experience in user support, user training, and/or programming.
Other: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
General knowledge of two applicable software products; of applicable computers and peripherals. Skill in configuring computer hardware and software; to analytically design program logic or solve technical problems. Skill in configuring computer hardware and software; in operating supported computers and peripherals. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to work effectively with clients. Ability to work remotely utilizing tools to communication and remote access end-users systems to provide support
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Non-Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Social Work - General Instruction
Job Posting: Feb 15, 2021
Unposting Date: Feb 22, 2021, 11:59:00 PM