Federal Work Study (On-Campus)
Federal Work Study (On-Campus) Program
The Federal Work-Study Program provides students with on-campus opportunities to gain valuable work experience related to academic majors and/or professional interests.
This Program provides you with an opportunity to develop career-relevant skills that will prepare you to enter the workplace confidently and competently. You will be working and learning alongside leaders in our community that are committed to your professional growth and development. Our leaders want you to succeed academically, so they are eager to craft your work schedule around the demands of your student schedule.
Areas (sorted A-Z) that are looking to hire include:
- Academic and Career Advising: Currently not hiring.
- Access Center for Disability Resources: Currently not hiring.
- Admissions: A FWS student in Admissions will assist with answering phones and checking -n students either in the Admissions suite or at the second floor information desk, entering data into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and general office needs such as filing, making copies, preparing mail packets, and assisting with event preparation.
- Adult Education: You will help welcome students and community members who want to learn to speak English or who want to earn a high school equivalency certificate (GED). Very rewarding work! Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Athletics: The Athletics department is seeking a reliable, hardworking, organized student to assist a fun and goal-oriented staff. This individual will work a variety of tasks from office help and various grounds work to assisting with practice and game-day operations. No experience needed-just the willingness to work and learn. If you like the outdoors, enjoy a team atmosphere, and want to gain valuable job skills then the Athletics department is your opportunity to enhance your Waubonsee collegiate experience
- Bookstore: The Waubonsee Bookstores provides students with real life experience in a retail environment. If you are a self-starter, detail oriented, are open to learning new tasks each day, and have a passion for helping others please apply!
- **Campus Services: The Wellness Ambassador student position will assist staff in ensuring that students entering buildings are wearing their masks and have self-assessed their health to confirm they are able and well enough be on campus for class or to access services. Candidates for this position should feel comfortable talking with others, be cheerful and kind in their interactions, and be able to retain information about the building they are working (e.g. class locations, restroom locations).
- Communications, Humanities and Arts: We have opportunities available in Art and Ceramics! If you would enjoy assisting with exhibitions, workshops, and/or lectures, maintaining art studios, mixing clay for ceramics classes, and/or assisting with the preparation of loading/unloading kilns, please submit an application!
- Counseling and Student Support: Currently not hiring.
- Financial Aid: Currently not hiring.
- Information Technology: The FWS position in the Information Security area provides a real life experience in safeguarding college’s digital assets from the known and unknown threats. If you are self-motivated, love new challenges every day, and are detail oriented – you will love this job!
- Cashier's Office & Student Accounts: The FederalWork Study student will assist with managing phone calls, email, faxes, andgeneral office work. Experience with bookkeeping a plus.
- Student Life: Currently not hiring.
- Student Services: Currently not hiring.
- Student Success and Retention: Do you love helping others reach their goals? We are seeking a student to serve as our inaugural FWS Student Success Ambassador! Responsibilities/expectations include the following:
- reach out to continuing Waubonsee students and connect them with services as appropriate (primarily phone outreach)
- co-present at virtual and in-person events to share the student perspective at retention and advising events
- document student interactions by updating outreach notes in advising platform
- assist with data entry and spreadsheet management for retention initiatives and division reporting
- provide virtual and in-person intake / support / reception for students seeking Academic and Career Advising and/or Counseling services
- schedule student appointments for advisors and counselors
- provide in-person navigation support at the upper Student Center lobby desk
- participate in FERPA/confidentiality training and handle all aspects of role with utmost sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Tutoring/TRIUMPH: Currently not hiring.
** URGENTLY hiring
Some responsibilities include: demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing professional growth; greeting and welcoming all in-person visitors by providing prompt, courteous customer service and assistance; answering in-person, phone, and online inquiries; other duties as assigned.
Eligible for the Federal-Work Study Program (if you are uncertain of your eligibility, please email [email protected])
Enrolled in a minimum of 1 credit hours for fall/spring/summer semesters.
Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements; A student must maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
Must be at least 18 years old
Please attach the following documents when applying:
- Resume (Yes)
- Cover Letter (Encouraged)
Compensation Range: 12.00 - 12.00
Compensation Type: Hourly
Work Schedule: Varies
Work Hours: 25