The Grainger College of Engineering: Assistant Dean - Engineering Administration (141533)
The Grainger College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Grainger College of Engineering seeks applications for the position of Assistant Dean. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs and is responsible for the oversight and direction of outreach, engagement, recruitment, transfer student, and new undergraduate student programming in The Grainger College of Engineering. The Assistant Dean participates in the Leadership team within the college’s Undergraduate Programs Office (UPO) to coordinate activities across UPO to benefit undergraduate students. They also act as a representative of the UPO and college on college and campus-level committees, as needed.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu.EEO.
- Provide leadership and managerial oversight for direction, programming, and evaluations of efforts in the Grainger College of Engineering’s Undergraduate Programs Office (UPO) focused on community outreach and engagement, student recruitment, and transfer and new student efforts.
- Directly lead and supervise a team of approximately five staff members, including goal setting, progress monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assist in summer pre-registration advising for first-time new freshmen.
- Implement and improve processes and programming to facilitate internal transfer student movement within and to the college; oversee the engineering transfer portfolio process for internal transfer students and collaborate with the Pre-Engineering Program (PREP). This covers the Intercollege and Interdepartmental Transfers (ICT/IDT).
- Oversee the selection and awarding of undergraduate scholarships. This included collaboration with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Office of Financial Aid, college advancement staff, college budgeting officers, and other college units.
Eligible candidates for the Assistant Dean position must hold a faculty position (tenured or specialized) in The Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Minimum qualifications include an earned doctorate in engineering or a related discipline; demonstrable management, leadership, and interpersonal skills; a commitment to academic student services and leadership in science and engineering education; and specialized or tenure-track faculty rank. Preferred qualifications include specific experience in outreach and engagement programs, student recruitment, new student programming, and/or the selection and awarding of scholarships.
This appointment carries a 12-month administrative stipend for up to half-time (50%) effort that is accompanied by the full-time, faculty appointment. To apply for this position, candidates should create a profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and submit a cover letter articulating their vision for this position, together with a curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three references in a single PDF file. Complete applications should be received by March 1, 2021, for full consideration, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The start date is as soon as possible and salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Please direct questions pertaining to the search or application procedures to Thurman Etchison at [email protected] or 217-300-2193.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Engineering Category:1-Faculty Title:The Grainger College of Engineering: Assistant Dean - Engineering Administration (141533) Open Date:02/15/2021 Organization Name:Engineering Administration