Laboratory Animal Technician I
This position provides routine lab animal care and maintains routine records according to clearly defined standard operating procedures, federal guidelines, and regulations. Continual training is provided and work is reviewed on a regular basis through observation of procedures and review of records to ensure compliance.
- Sanitizes cage systems, animal rooms and support areas using automated and manual equipment.
- Performs work under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director/Supervisor.
- Feeds and waters animals and performs other routine animal husbandry activities (cage changes, health checks, census).
- Handles and restrains animals according to instructions and protocol.
- Maintains routine record keeping of such items as environmental conditions, animal inventory and daily husbandry activities.
- Observes and communicates animal health conditions to appropriate personnel.
- May be responsible for euthanasia, limited anesthesia, physical exams, and administering medication according to veterinary direction.
- Performs other professional related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations regarding animal care.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more.
- Ability to frequently bend, crouch, and kneel.
High school diploma or GED and one year of related experience. Preferred: American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) certification as Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) level.
02/21/21, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Research & Sponsored Programs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 02/15/21, 10:48:24 AM