The Board of Trustees of Mercyhurst University in Erie, Pennsylvania, announces a national search for the institution’s 13th President. Mercyhurst’s next president will be a strategic visionary who can lead this mission-focused and student-centered community to increasing levels of success and recognition in a rapidly changing higher education environment through thoughtful, innovative, transparent and inclusive leadership. Mercyhurst University is a Catholic, comprehensive institution founded in 1926 by the Sisters of Mercy. An academic and learning community of over 3,200 students and 500 dedicated faculty, administrators and staff, Mercyhurst educates students for purposeful lives and careers through academic programs of national and international distinction, unique cultural, extra-curricular and athletic programs, and opportunities for service. In keeping with its liberal arts heritage, Mercyhurst emphasizes the dignity of each person and is committed to an examination of values as well as to quality academic, professional and career training, all within a climate of inquiry, collegiality, diversity and achievement. Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, Mercyhurst’s 13th President will build on the successes of President Michael Victor’s tenure and position the University to thrive in the face of the demographic and competitive headwinds facing higher education. Key strategic priorities include:
- Embracing and living the mission of Mercyhurst University;
- Celebrating its history and special relationship with the Sisters of Mercy;
- Being Mercyhurst’s most passionate advocate by working externally to tell the University’s story, broaden its reputation, and expand its resources;
- Leading the development of a strategic plan to move the institution to its next level of academic excellence and distinctiveness while maintaining its core value as a liberal arts institution, market relevance, student success and satisfaction, and financial security; and
- Leveraging Mercyhurst’s upcoming Centennial celebration in 2025-26 to plan and execute a comprehensive capital campaign to support the strategic plan, leverage market trends and the entrepreneurial ideas of the Mercyhurst community, and support faculty, staff and student success.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by March 12th, 2021. The search page, which includes the full Executive Search Profile as well as the opportunity to apply or nominate, is located here. RH Perry & Associates is assisting Mercyhurst University in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, and Dr. Jean Scott, Senior Consultant, at [email protected].