Associate Project Leader, DCRI - Gov't & Networks
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
THIS IS A RESEARCH/GRANT FUNDED POSITION
The Associate Project Leader will play a significant role in accomplishing project objectives by planning, coordinating and tracking projects amongst various Project Leaders.
Assists Project Leaders in maintaining, reviewing and communicating project progress by:
Organize and participate in Project kickoff and training & Investigator meetings; Present materials as appropriate
Give input into budgets and resource allocation plans
Participate in Project Reviews; Reviewing and analyzing project tracking weekly
Proactively identify changes in work scope and, with the guidance of the Project Leader, ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts, and budgets
Initiate, establish, and maintain business relationships with all key stakeholders of the project whether internal or external to the organization
Work with Project Leader to address proposed modifications to project scope, schedule, or budget with sponsoring organization
First review of monthly project budget numbers to flag potential issues for Project Leader
Generates, tracks and resolves data queries; Identifying site and data trends, and recommending actions to Project Leaders
Tracks enrollment projections against actuals flagging issues to the Project Leaders
Communicating and following up on project tracking discrepancies
Proactively contribute to continued improvement with DCRI’s project management and execution process.
Creating meeting agendas and minutes
Assisting in monitoring data flow
Generating, reviewing and distributing weekly/monthly project tracking reports and metrics
Assist the project leader with implementing and managing project changes and interventions to achieve project goals
Travel, as needed, to attend client meetings or provide oversight and assistance for off-site projects e.g. continuing education programs or expert meetings between academics and the other industries (i.e. pharmaceutical companies, etc.
Ensures the development and adherence to project timelines as they relate to processes by:
- Following up on outstanding items including missing data, incomplete paperwork, etc.
- Managing client communication, including distribution of subject data reports
- Assisting in tracking and resolving of client issues.
- Scheduling and tracking completion of GCP training.
- Serving as additional point of contact to client, sites, sponsors etc. as needed.
- Keeping supervisor advised of current issues.
Contributes to team effort by:
- Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization and departmental process.
- Helping others to achieve results.
- Assists Project Leaders with project administration by.
- Planning, coordinating and leading the project start-up activities.
- Reading and understanding project protocol documents; creating protocol training materials for the team
- Entering, maintaining, and tracking of data in internal software
- Participating in project meetings, conference calls, and training calls
- Proactively assess and analyze with the team, any risks and issues that may compromise project team performance and results and develop plans to remove or mitigate them
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by:
- Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assisting in establishing, tracking, and enforcing departmental standards.
- Participating in the modification of department and project specific SOPs and guidelines.
Maintains client (internal and external) satisfaction by:
- Responding to inquiries in a professional, courteous and timely manner & creating and deploying sponsor satisfaction surveys, collating data, and presenting to upper management
Bachelor's degree required. Additional training in Project Management or related training is desired.
Two years of experience in project management, with increasing scope OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE and independence.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.