Teaching Assistant Professor of Political Science
PG190789EPInternal Recruitment :
Teaching Assistant Professor of Political ScienceAnticipated Hiring Range:
Hours may vary based on needs.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
School of Public and International AffairsAbout the Department:
The School of Public and International Affairs, in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at North Carolina State University, houses the Department of Public Administration, the Department of Political Science, the Master of International Studies Program, the Public Safety Leadership Initiative, and the Leadership in the
Public Sector degree completion program (for more information, see http://spia.chass.ncsu.edu/).
The Department of Political Science has approximately 500 majors and offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees. Majors may also graduate with concentrations in American Politics, International and Comparative Politics, Law and Justice and Public Policy (for more information, see http://spia.ncsu.edu/ps).
The Master of International Studies (MIS), a terminal professional degree program, prepares students for careers in government service, international institutions, and non-governmental organizations. An affiliate member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs, the MIS programs joins distinguished universities around the world in providing global education for the 21st century, (for additional information, see http://spia.ncsu.edu/is/).Essential Job Duties:
- The School of Public and International Affairs, Department of Political Science, is accepting applications for the non‐tenure track position of Teaching Assistant Professor (full‐time) to teach courses in Comparative Politics/ and International Relations at the undergraduate level.
- The selected hire will have a 4‐4 teaching load, with some teaching in person for our undergraduate political science program and
some courses for online delivery for our Leadership in the Public Sector degree completion program.
- The professional track faculty member is responsible for the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. Some service will be expected, as well as attending committee, department, and school meetings as appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates should hold or be on track to earn a PhD in Political Science or a related field before the start date of 8/16/2021.
- Teaching experience in Political Science at the college level, and demonstrated evidence of
- Degrees must be received from accredited institutions.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching is expected.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Teaching experience in Political Science at the
college level, and demonstrated evidence of
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/11/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Along with a curriculum vitae, cover letter and contact information references, please also upload under Other Document (1) a research writing sample,
- As an option, upload under Other Document (2) a student and/or peer evaluations of teaching.
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
1.0Mandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
160601 - Public & International AffairsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.