Research Associate, Cheng Lab
PG190785EPInternal Recruitment :
Research Associate, Cheng LabAnticipated Hiring Range:
To be determined, hours may vary.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Dept. Molecular Biomedical ScienceAbout the Department:
NC State CVM prepares the next generation of veterinarians and veterinarian scientists, conducts bench and clinical research to solve animal and human health problems, addresses critical ecosystem and public health issues, helps protect the U.S. food supply, and promotes a clearer understanding and appreciation of the ramifications related to the growing human-animal bond that is at the center of these concerns.Essential Job Duties:
- This position will perform research activities; cell biology; molecular biology; animal experiments and coordinate with research projects in the cheng lab.
- Conducting research activities to include independent management of research projects, method development, and designing and carrying out experiments.
- Performing related experiments to test research hypotheses.
- Assisting in the development of research projects and hypotheses
- Interpret and evaluate various data.
- Providing oversight of all projects in the lab.
- Additional duties as assigned.
N/AOther Required Qualifications:
- Perform animal experiments in rodents.
- perform various cell biology and molecular biology experiments.
- Assist PI in drafting scientific manuscripts and grant applications.
- Assist PI in regulatory compliances.
- Preferred PhD in the area of biology, chemistry, and engineering
- At least 2 years post PhD experiences in an academic setting with strong evidence in first author publications
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/12/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
194001 - Dept Molecular Biomedical ScieAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.