Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach with Pella High School Practicum
Locations:: Pella, IA
Posted:: Feb 12, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 128288
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), sustainability education, athletics success and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and just minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
The function of Position:Responsible to the Fitness Center Coordinator and Athletics Director to develop and manage strength and conditioning activities for all Intercollegiate Athletic programs. Supervise students participating in the strength & conditioning practicum at Pella High School. Work with Pella High School students in the summer at athletic camps. Provide training/workshops to women student-athletes at Central College (e.g., nutrition, female strength training). Collaborate with other strength & conditioning coaches to aid Central College student-athletes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with the Exercise Science department chair to supervise Central College students placed in a practicum setting at Pella High School.
- Work in conjunction with Pella High School athletics to provide a strength and conditioning training program.
- Provide workshops/training for female student-athletes on topics specifically relevant to women (e.g., nutrition).
- Assist in the supervision/management of the Fitness Center programs
- Collaborate with head coaches and Fitness Center coordinator to develop strength and conditioning activities for all athletes
- Coordinate the Fitness Center schedule and supervise users of the facility
- Clean, maintain and renew all equipment on a regular basis
- Occasionally teach a course in a relevant area (e.g., nutrition) as needed by the College
Central College Brand Expectations
- Demonstrate a network of caring relationships by showing respect for others, being dependable and promoting cooperation with others in the work environment.
- Be your best self by being accountable for responsibilities, adapting well to change, and maintaining the highest standards of business ethics.
- Strive to perform as effectively as possible while maintaining a high level of quality and promoting personal growth and development.
- Respect and comply with college rules and policies, including participation in required training courses; report any suspected violations of the Title IX policy to the Title IX Coordinator.
- Violation of NCAA or IIAC rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action or termination.
- Master's degree required in Exercise Science or related field.
- Strength & Conditioning certification required.
- Teaching experience helpful, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in strength and conditioning preferred.
Central College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a drug-free and smoke-free campus.
A post-offer employment background check will be conducted.
Select the "apply now" button and complete the required sections.
Contact Human Resources with application questions by calling 641-628-5156 or emailing [email protected]