Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-18
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
Under general supervision, assist with fiscal, technical, and administrative tasks; prepare and monitor budgets; organize and coordinate office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency; coordinates/provides clerical and secretarial services; may supervise student employees.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for dean and greet visitors or callers handling their inquiries or directing them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports, such as presentations or expense, statistical, or monthly reports.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Handle departmental bookkeeping, bill-paying, supply ordering and other financial accountability functions.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of budgets, monitor all budget expenditures, prepare financial reports.
- Coordinate conferences, meetings, or special events, such as luncheons or graduation ceremonies and handle conference, meeting, or travel reservations for office personnel.
- Supervise directly or oversee administratively lower level clerical/secretarial/student employees, including training and orientation, evaluate student employees' performance; maintain time sheets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Two years relevant experience
Knowledge of University policies and procedures helpful. Knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles and methods and knowledge of modern office equipment including Cisco phones, computers (Windows and MacOS), and copy machine. Must have the ability to use personal computers with various software: Microsoft Office (Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Word), Adobe Acrobat, and Canvas. Must have good people, communication (verbal/written), and organizational skills. Ability to supervise others is helpful. Must have the ability to transcribe data, compose and edit a variety of memoranda or letters. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Experience with Workday and PeopleSoft Student, preferred.
Air conditioned office environment with minimal physical effort required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.