Human Resources Generalist
Department:: Human Resources
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Feb 12, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 2678
Position ID:: 128273
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Manages and administers health and retirement plans including, but not limited to: open enrollment, employee level enrollments, changes, terminations, reconciliation, auditing, and compliance. Act as liaison between insurance companies, the College, and its employees. Record all worker compensation injuries and submit to third-party as necessary.
- Manages and administers additional College benefit programs such as leave programs, workers compensation, tuition remission, etc.
- Processes reports related to assessment, Ipeds, and surveys as well as responds to employment verifications.
- Reviews, executes, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training and employee professional development.
- Performs onboarding of newly hired employees and conducts exit interviews.
- Provides communication updates to employees.
- Assists with the annual performance review process, and employee relations matters. Serves as back-up for the recruiter.
- Maintains updated knowledge of best practices, trends, regulatory changes, and new technologies in affecting human resource functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): Associate's degree
- Required Field of Expertise: 3-5 years previous experience working in a fast paced human resources office with a concentration in benefits and leave administration
- Preferred Training/Cert: HRCI or SHRM certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local laws regarding employment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work independently, consistently follows through with projects and assignments, and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to work in a diverse environment
- Ability to maintain high volume email communication
This is an exempt, benefits level position, not limited to 35 hours. Normal business hours are Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.