Job Title: Faculty, Cybersecurity
Location: LSC-Westway Park Technology
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34461
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Qualities of Excellence
As faculty members of Lone Star College, we strive to create a nation of world citizenry in our students. In that pursuit, we model ways of thinking and being that incorporate diversity, equality, and equity. Our culture, then, requires the possession of transcendent qualities that, while immeasurable, are evident in global citizens. We are compassionate with our students, colleagues, and ourselves. We are innovative in the pursuit of learning. Ultimately, we create a culture where learning thrives, people are safe, and we mirror the qualities of world citizenry.
Lone Star College faculty are dedicated to four qualities of excellence:
- Student Invested
- Content Expert
- Pedagogically Excellent
- Institutionally Dedicated
Lone Star College-Westway Park Technology Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Westway Park Technology Center, a satellite center of LSC-CyFair, is located between Clay and Tanner roads off the Sam Houston Tollway. This center will focus on LSC-CyFair’s Visual Communication and Information Technology workforce training programs with certificates and degrees in areas such as Cisco and Microsoft Networking, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Graphic and Web Design, and 3D animation.
Campus address is 5060 Westway Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77041.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that willlead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. The faculty member's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches junior and senior level courses in the at a variety of times, modalities, and locationsinresponsetoinstitutionalneedsMakes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing andutilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods. Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory college and departmentalguidelinesInteracts with other faculty; communicate with students outside of theclassroomPlans,developsandusesavarietyofteachingmethodsandmaterialsthatassiststudents in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learningstylesEvaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives andinamanneroftheirprogressinthecourseSubmitsrequiredcollegereportsandforms ina timelymannerMaintainsprofessionalrelationshipsstudents,colleaguesandthecommunityProvides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriatemethodsServes on Curriculum Team for the BAT-Cybersecurity program ensure that the program meets the SACSCOC requirements in the area of Student Learning Outcomes, Program Learning Outcomes and EffectivenessPlansProvides student advising support and assistance, supports the orientation to all students to program,andsupportsstudentinformationandorientationsessionsFacilitatesstudentappealsandmanagesstudentissues within the classes assignedWorks Dean and Lead Faculty to mediate student and faculty concerns and resolve conflicts; followscollegechainofcommand;followsSystemproceduresforgrievancesReviews, evaluates, and recommends student-learningmaterialsMaintainscommunityrelationships; advocatesforandmarketstheprograminthecommunityImplements System policies and procedures; effectively communicates on an on-going basis OfficeResponsibleforprofessionaldevelopmentandinstitutionalserviceasdetermined in consultation with the ExecutiveDeanAttends Advisory Committee meetings and serves on college and system committees as necessary;participatesincollegefacultyhiringcommitteesPerformequipmentmaintenanceandcoordinateneedsasrequiredResponsibleforotherreasonable,relateddutiesasassigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of course contentDemonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation.Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skillsCommitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of peopleDemonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning communities and distance learningCommitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learningDemonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technologyAbility to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
PHYSICAL ABILITIES:The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipmentInterface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the positionComputer equipment utilized in simulationAll types of equipment utilized in simulation as well as that controlling the chemical plant will be usedWork is performed primarily in a climate-controlled office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazardsSchedule will vary depending on class times. Faculty are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction as neededThere is required time outside in the environment. Both with students and during maintenance. These times may be during all seasons and all times of the day and nightWork requires that health and safety precautions are followed at all timesPosition may be eligible for a secondary assignment stipend
- Masters degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, electrical / computer engineering or related fieldAt least three (3) years of work experience in the field or teaching in the field at the post- secondary level
- Doctorate in the fieldHigher education teaching experience in the field of Cybersecurity or related field
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness programs, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.