Associate State Director of Financial Management
The Pennsylvania Small Business Development Center (PASBDC) seeks an Associate State Director of Finance. The position has fiscal oversight for approximately $13,000,000 annual budget comprised of federal, state and local government funding. The position ensures compliance with audit requirements for all the federal, state and local government funding partners for the PASBDC program, including compliance with the Uniform Guidance for federal grants. The position prepares and justifies budget proposals for federal and state granting agencies, manages contracts and associated budgets with affiliated universities hosting Small Business Development Centers (sub-centers). As a member of the executive leadership team for the PASBDC, the position recommends strategic priorities as it relates to fiscal management of the network and supports securing ongoing funding for the network by supporting the executive team with preparing grant funding proposals.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a business-related field and accounting or related undergraduate degree;
- Knowledge and experience of federal grant fund CFR requirements;
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance;
- Three years of professional experience in managing federal grant funds.
- Knowledge and experience with federal requirements for cash match, indirect, in-kind, overhead and other grant fund management concepts.
- Three years strategic and supervisory experience in a complex professional organization.
- Experience communicating complex concepts, both verbally and in writing with diverse populations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proposal writing and experience working in a complex organization with multiple sub agreements with other institutions to carry out its mission.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized professional organization, knowledge and experience with grant fund management software.
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of business March 8, 2021. A complete application must include a resume, cover letter, transcripts (copy is fine at application time with official required prior to offer), and three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This grant-funded management position has an anticipated starting salary of $75,000-$94,000, commensurate with skills and experience
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance) documentation of valid driver's license, and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for this position.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].