Teacher(Preschool/Infant/Toddler) Child Care CenterCampus Title:
RF Child Care CenterStaff Sub-Type:
Research FoundationSalary Level:
No ResponseSalary Range:
The Child Care Center at SUNY Cortland is recruiting a teacher for the toddler room who will plan and conduct an effective child development program in a safety conscious manner to meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs of each child at their development level in accordance with the goals, philosophy, and curriculum plan set forth by the Child Care Center as outlined in the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).Major Responsibilities:
• Ensure the safety and well-being of the children through morning health checks, constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment, regular practices of fire drills and other emergency procedures.
• Create a pleasant, clean, safe, and inviting classroom atmosphere in which children and families feel secure and comfortable. Implement a plan for the end of the day room maintenance as well as daily health and safety compliance.
• Ensure that child care routines and guidelines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent with good child development principles. This includes routines related to diapering, potty training, hand washing, tooth brushing, medication administration, eating, napping, and transitioning between activities.
• Provide positive guidance to help children develop the ability to be self disciplined.
• Provide a variety of experiences that promote individual language stimulation, imaginative play and activity.
• Provide a variety of opportunities to help children develop and understand appropriate and caring relationships with each other.
• Be aware of and report any evidence of child abuse or neglect to the director.
• Supervise and assist in the evaluation of all staff assigned to the classroom and include staff in planning and child development assignments.
• Communicate daily with the director regarding vital information concerning children and families and classroom operations.
• Prepare and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly records and reports related to attendance, skill development, lesson plans, needs and services plans, accident and related areas of the individual child as well as the class as a whole. Assumes responsibility for all daily attendance forms, CACFP recording forms, child performance evaluation forms and experiences, daily parent forms.
• Ensures that parents receive adequate information about their children and their experiences through daily reports, contact and regularly scheduled parent conferences.
• Utilize Brightwheel app for the purposes of communicating with families, disseminating information daily and responding to messages from families in a timely manner.
• Ongoing professional development of 15 hours per year.Functional and Supervisory Relationships:
Reports to the Childcare Center Director
provides supervision to Assistant Teachers, student workers, substitute teachers and temporary workers.
•Child Development Associate (CDA) credential.
•Certification in medication administration training, infant and child CPR, child abuse or first aid.
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field or at least 9 college credits in Early Childhood and two years related experience caring for children.Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s in Early Childhood EducationPosting Number:
S20051Review Start Date:
03/01/2021Open Until Filled:
YesQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
3 letters of recommendation required