Assistant/Associate Professor of Education
Faculty, Tenure TrackClassification Title:
Assistant/Associate ProfessorPosition's Functional Title:
Assistant/Associate Professor of EducationPosition Start Date:
This position is for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate in the Division of Education. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/graduate courses in bilingual education, technology education (including teaching with technology classes and courses from our Online Teaching and Learning program) and foundational classes such as intro to education or educational psychology. We seek candidates with outstanding teaching skills, ability to teach non-traditional or diverse student populations, and ability to collaborate in a positive manner with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
Governors State University (GSU) was founded in 1969, originally as an upper-division institution with a primary focus of serving community college graduates pursuing baccalaureate degrees. During the five intervening decades, GSU has grown to become the only regional, public, comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving approximately 6,000 students annually in 85 different bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. GSU features a highly diverse faculty and staff of roughly 1,000 employees that reflect the students and community we serve. GSU provides accessible, high value undergraduate and graduate education to culturally and economically diverse students from across the region and around the world. From its mission statement, Governors State University is committed to offering an exceptional and accessible education that prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a global society.
Students benefit from the university’s high academic quality, range of
convenient class times, increasing hybrid and online offerings, and
outstanding educational value.
The exceptionally beautiful campus is conveniently located within easy
reach by road and rail to Chicago and surrounding communities that have a
wealth of cultural and natural attractions. The highly diverse region GSU
serves has a number of high performing schools and engaged communities
as well as struggling urban, suburban, and rural communities. GSU seeks
to serve as a public square, working to foster educational opportunities for
1. Doctorate in a related field to bilingual education or technology eduction
2. Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses
3. Documented record of an ability to make intellectual contributions through scholarly publications/presentations consistent with the maintenance of AQ (“Academically Qualified”) faculty status under accreditation standards.
4. Interest in and ability to develop and teach online (web-based) courses.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Prior University teaching is highly desirable.
2. Teaching and/or professional experience in multiple endorsable areas.
3. Understanding of and can utilize Quality Matters (QM) standards and principles.Posting Date:
02/12/2021Open Until Filled:
FA0390PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting: