10018385 Human Resources Specialist
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of Human Resources Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing administrative support and customer service for the Office of Human Resources operations.
- Maintains the accuracy and timeliness of job postings for faculty and staff positions.
- Creation of links to applications for members of search committees.
- Manually transferring electronic application materials to search committee folders.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages; refers to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares Personnel Change/Offer letters for existing and new employees.
- Maintains the online directory (adding new employees and deleting departing employees).
- Creates and maintains personnel filing system for OHR.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, conferences and department activities.
- Receive and log, date stamps and distributes mail.
- Maintains training records.
- Maintains organization of recruitment material.
- Assembles new employee packages.
- Processes employment verification requests and wage statements.
- Enters basic information into People Soft HCM system.
- Acts as back up to Human Resource Generalist.
- Service a backup for processing background checks.
- Helps maintain organizational charts.
- Maintains checklist of annual and 6-month Performance Evaluations.
- Orders name badges for new and existing employees.
- Orders and maintain office supplies.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Assists the Executive Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computer and job-related software programs
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a scanner, fax machine and copier
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skills in interpersonal relations
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Human Resources Manager assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include University policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related administrative and customer service duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support and customer service for department operations. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, retirees, job applicants, other University System human resources staff, benefit providers, students, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems and to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent and at least three (3) years administrative assistant experience.
- Associates degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years human resources related experience.
- Experience with People Soft HCM system.
- Higher Education experience a plus.
- Position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Pay Grade 14.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018385 Human Resources Specialist 2.12.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D