Program Coordinator🔍Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States📁Student Services📅Feb 12, 2021 Post Date📅88460 Requisition #Stanford University Job Opening AnnouncementOffice of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE)Job Title: Student Services Specialist (SSS)Working Title: Program CoordinatorVPUE Unit: Academic Advising/ First Year ExperienceJob Code: 7500Job Grade: EFTE: 100%, Exemption Status: Non-ExemptContinuing or Fixed-term appointment period: 6-month (April – October), Fixed Term Heralded as a hub of undergraduate innovation, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) creates and sustains meaningful interactions between students and faculty both within and outside the classroom. As a collaborative team member of VPUE, you have a unique opportunity to advance and support programs that touch and enhance the lives of every undergraduate student at Stanfordhttps://undergrad.stanford.edu/academic-advising-stanford/welcome VPUE is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide administrative and operational support to the First Year Experience (FYE) team in the office of Academic Advising. Reporting to the Associate Dean & Director of New Student Programs, this position provides general administrative and event support to the programs overseen by the New Student Programs Team, which is responsible for the onboarding and transition of new undergraduate students to Stanford (Approaching Stanford and New Student Orientation) as well as class programs and communications. The Program Coordinator also provides support to other FYE programs, including Leland Scholars Program, Frosh 101, and Transfer Advising Programs, and carries out general Academic Advising administrative duties, as needed.This is a 6-month, fixed term position from April to October 2021 to support the increased size of the incoming class entering Stanford in fall of 2021. Your responsibilities will include:
- Respond to routine inquiries from new students and parents/families and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource to new students and parents/families regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.Monitor and track new student requirements and communicate with students to ensure compliance.Assist with generating reports and managing student data for key campus partners.Coordinate logistics for New Student Orientation (NSO), Approaching Stanford, and other FYE programs, which may include: coordinating with campus partners, scheduling rooms/spaces, submitting requests for event services and facility needs, and ordering services and supplies from internal and external vendors.Provide event support for NSO including: lifting boxes, packaging and distributing materials, setting up tables and chairs, directing traffic, seating people, managing crowds, directing volunteers, and using radio and mobile phone communication.Maintain approved online content on websites and in Canvas.Process and monitor routine financial transactions such as reimbursements, PCard verifications, requisitions, work orders, iJournals, and supply orders. Track expenses, prepare and maintain reports, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies. Conduct financial training for, develop processes for, and monitor student staff usage of PCards.May perform human resources transactional support for student workers, e.g. student hiring paperwork.May train and direct student workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite and email applications. As an example, must be able to create Microsoft Excel reports that summarize results in an easy-to-read format.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills – a team player.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Experience with event logisticsAbility to prioritize and multi-task while maintaining a flexible attitudeFamiliarity with the Stanford undergraduate student experience highly preferred/desired
Why Stanford is for YouImagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 88460 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 88460