Registered Nurse (3-11 PM Shift)
Registered Nurse (3-11 PM Shift)Student Health Center
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
This position provides clinical services in a comprehensive student focused medical care service for a population of 13,000 students. The candidate must have a strong customer service orientation.
Ensures optimum quality primary, preventive, and/or mental health care through implementation of professional nursing knowledge and techniques. Works as a team member with physicians and ancillary staff in addressing the issues of the student population. This position is also responsible for daily aspects environment of care and infection control. This position will follow the Standards of Practice for Nurses from the American College Health Association.
This is a full-time, 12 month position with some weekend and evening hours required. This position also may require participation in off campus programs.Required Qualifications
- RN with current licensure to practice in the state of Louisiana by the date of hire
- 2 years' nursing experience to include 1 year experience in ambulatory nursing care management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Clinical background with public health or health education experience
- 5 years' experience in ambulatory nursing care and management experience
- Experience in Travel Medicine and Occupational Medicine
- Experience with third party billing and insurance
- College Health Nursing certificate
- 5 years' college health experience