Nursing Assistant- Psych Adult Services- F/T Day Shift - 15182-1A
Updated: Feb 12, 2021
Department: Psych- Adult Services (1st Fl)
HOSP AST SR
Nurse Services Supervisor 2
Psych- Adult Services (1st Fl) (426141)
The Nursing Assistant aids professional and technical nursing personnel primarily by accomplishing a variety of duties and procedures which are directly related to patient care. Primary duties include taking and recording vital signs, assisting patients with hygiene and elimination, and maintaining a clean and safe unit environment. Will assist with stocking unit supplies, operating hospital equipment as directed, performing routine clerical tasks, and assisting with other related duties as assigned.
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English
- Must be able to work variable shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be Certified Nurses Assist., Licensed Vocational Nurse, or enrolled in accredited nursing prog. with completion of at least 1 clinical semester.
- Demonstrated patient care experience, preferably in an acute care setting
- Nursing Assistants hired prior to May 2010 who did not possess certification as a Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) are not required to obtain it at this time
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in a therapeutic way
Licenses and Certifications:
- Basic Life Support(Required)
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.