Digital Marketing Technical Project Manager (Remote Candidates Considered)
Job Title: Digital Marketing Technical Project Manager (Remote Candidates Considered)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224038
Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE) is the global campus and lifetime education arm of the Georgia Institute of Technology, a top 10-ranked public university by U.S. News & World Report. GTPE offers professional development courses, certificate programs, and master’s degrees online and on-site to meet the needs of working professionals and industry partners in STEM and business fields worldwide. GTPE educates over 36,000 individual learners representing more than 2,600 companies on an annual basis. It is located at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta and at Georgia Tech-Savannah.
The Digital Marketing Projects Manager is a position on the Marketing and Digital Strategy team. We are the Institute's first and largest digital marketing team and this role is part of the new Digital Strategy group whose focus is creating and delivering a unified and engaging learner experience (early journey) as well as streamlining workflows and business processes through digital transformation initiatives for GTPE employees.Job Summary
Responsible for leading the full project lifecycle for management of the Georgia Tech Professional Education website and digital application development projects while ensuring the alignment with the overarching digital strategy for the organization. The Digital Projects Manager will be involved from the project kickoff and upfront strategy/planning, requirements definition and solution design, through technical implementation, testing, launch and ongoing maintenance.Responsibilities
- Work closely with internal teams and external agencies to manage website content management and development, as well as digital operations application management which includes ongoing Salesforce CRM feature enhancements.
- Coordinate project review meetings with internal teams and stakeholders, document requirements, compile feedback and communicate feedback to agencies.
- Create and execute project plans with input and buy-in from internal stakeholders that define key milestones, activities, dates and resources required for successful project delivery. Manage revisions as needed to account for shifting priorities, needs or requirements. Collaborate with external agencies on project plans when appropriate.
- Ensure all project deliverables are clearly defined and scoped. Track all project deliverables and deadlines to ensure work is completed on time and allotted budget. Manage project budgets and monthly agency retainer hours.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Digital Strategy and Digital Operations Manager to set priorities, manage deployments, conduct testing, and other development activities.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks and issues and present solutions and options to key stakeholders.
- Recognize inter-dependencies for digital projects and work with internal teams and external agencies to create solutions.
- Regularly communicate project status with external and internal stakeholders, including key accomplishments, next steps, issues/risks/items for management attention, and project financials.
- Work with internal team to define project goals and identify metrics to track success.
- Make content changes and updates to website. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years of job related experience
Other Required Qualifications
Experience in web or IT project management
Skills: This job requires a high level of organization, experience working with marketing, communications, creative and web teams; understanding of web production and development processes; experience with CRM platforms and implementation; experience with agile development; excellent interpersonal communication skills; solid track record of successfully delivering complex projects from start to finish, on- time and on budget; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to handle fast paced, demanding clients and initiatives; exceptional team building skills; proven time management skills.Preferred Qualifications
Preferred Education: N/A
Preferred Work Experience: Agile project management, distributed development team management, proficiency in Drupal, Salesforce implementation management.
Preferred Certifications: Agile or SCRUM Certification
Preferred Skills: Experience reporting and analyzing online metrics; experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce JIRA and Drupal; general understanding of UX/UI principles.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Other Information
Remote (virtual) candidates with project management experience working virtually as part of an on-site team are welcome to apply.
Depending on experience, this position will pay between $85,000-$92,000 plus full benefits. GT employees are bound to the GT/USG compensation policy.
**This role is a technical project manager within the digital marketing department; candidate must have a strong technical background in effectively managing complex website and SaaS development projects.