Associate \\ Dean-Faculty
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Associate Dean of Research Education
Position Number: 00780965
Nature of WorkThe 0.50 FTE Associate Dean of Research Education of the School of Medicine is responsible for the performance of program coordinators in collaboration with Program DirectorsProfessional FieldM.D., Ph.D. or other doctoral degree Supervision ReceivedThe position reports to the Senior Associate Dean for EducationSupervision ExercisedThe Associate Dean for Research Education will supervise a director for the office and oversee performance of program coordinators in collaboration with Program DirectorsExamples of Work Performed
- Provides communication with applicants, faculty, alumni and other interested parties concerning the process of applying to the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
- Serves as a Chairs for one of the Admissions Committees. Oversee the admissions process including operational planning and development.
- Identifies and supervises the Chair of the Admissions Committee
- Participates in weekly leadership meetings with the Associate Dean of Student Life, the Assistant Deans of Student Affairs, and the Program Director for Student Life
- Responsible for identifying admissions committee members and interviewers as well as provide faculty development and feedback.
- Coordinates the use of the national medical school application in conjunction with the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).
- Administers the functions and projects of the Office of Admissions, including the interview process and recruitment functions.
- Chairs the Admissions Executive Advisory Committee.
- Participates in the AAMC GSA Committee on Admissions
- Engages in ongoing planning and continuous quality improvement processes that establish short and long-term programmatic goals, result in the achievement of measurable outcomes that are used to improve programmatic quality, and ensure effective monitoring of Admissions program’s compliance with accreditation standards.
- Works closely with pipeline programs, and provides specific oversight on those programs with a guaranteed admission component.
- Serves as an ex oficio member of OME committees as appropriate, including the Student Promotions Committee and the Student Life Steering Committee. Serves as a member of OME leadership committees and task forces as appropriate.
- Serves on the Scholarship Committee and works closely with the Scholarship Committee Chair and Office of Advancement
- Serves as liaison for the SOM to the campus, community, and national committees and projects.
- Provides marketing and public relations activities to insure the effective representation of the medical school throughout the community, the state of Colorado, and the academic/medical communities of the United States.
- Serves as advisor on School of Medicine admissions policy and student affairs policy.
- Works with the admissions executive committee to oversee student selection and analyze future student performance based on admission data.
- Meets regularly with Education Deans and SOM Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion to ensure alignment of goals and priorities.
- Works with the Associate Dean Student Life to oversee and administer the Admissions budget within the Office of Student Life. Ensures that institutional policies are met and applied.
- Serves as co-chair of the SOM Diversity Council and provides leadership on issues of medical student diversity and inclusion with respect to student recruitment and admissions.
- Faculty member, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Terminal degree (M.D., D.O., Ph.D.)
- Must be knowledgeable about all aspects of the School of Medicine including curriculum, branch campus, criteria for student promotions, professionalism, and the multiple programs (e.g. MSTP, BA/BS-MD, MD/MPH) within the School.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all constituencies in the University of Colorado Denver including financial aid, the registrar, and the Office of Inclusion and Outreach.
- Must be knowledgeable about all aspects of the application process to medical school including the MCAT, AMCAS, criminal background checks, and bundled letters of reference.
- Must be knowledgeable about FERPA.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing