DescriptionInstructor - LCSWBarbara Davis Center for Childhood DiabetesPosition # 00689652
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002. Job Summary:
The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a multi-disciplinary diabetes center affiliated with The Children Hospital Colorado as well as the University of Colorado, School of Medicine. The patient population is primarily children with type 1 diabetes, but also includes youth with type 2 diabetes. In addition to the clinical program, the Barbara Davis Center has a large clinical research program allowing many ongoing educational opportunities. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a Clinical Social Worker, at the Instructor level, to work in the Barbara Davis Center at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The Clinical Social Worker provides psychosocial assessment of patients with type 1 diabetes and makes recommendations to facilitate adherence to the diabetes regimen and promote quality of life. This position assists in evaluating barriers to adherence (such as co-morbid mood, psychiatric disorders, and eating disorders) and facilitates referral to other community resources. This position also involves teaching and organizing presentations for both professional and community development. This appointment is a full time position at 100% FTE.SUPERVISION RECEIVED
This position formally reports to the Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Division; and is supervised by the senior Clinical Social Worker.SUPERVISION EXERCISED
There is no supervisionKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The position serves as a Clinical Social Worker at the Instructor level. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Salary and Benefits:
- Provides psychosocial support/intervention and care to newly diagnosed and established children with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Provides the mental health assessment component in interdisciplinary care of patients and makes appropriate referrals for treatment.
- Does phone consultations with patients, other medical professionals, and protective services/Court officials to advocate around medical care of diabetes.
- A combination of previous mental health clinical experience and understanding of ethnic and economic diversity and its impact on management of chronic medical conditions is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively is required as well as the ability to plan strategically, set priorities, and establish and achieve agreed clinic objectives. This person must be flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Provides ongoing education to the community, medical professionals and students.
- Contributes to new and ongoing diabetes clinical research protocols.
- Should have basic computer skills for charting/data entry of patient contacts.
- Maintains high standards of existing diabetes program
- Maintains credentials for licensure as a clinical social worker (LCSW) and, eventually as a Certified Diabetes Educator, CDE.
- Experience using evidenced based interventional in the treatment of co-morbid mental health conditions.
The salary range for this position has been established at $55,000-$60,000 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work (MSW)
- Licensed OR eligible for license within 6 months to practice in Colorado.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Fluent in Spanish
- Knowledge of diabetes or other chronic medical condition and their impact on children and families.
Feb 12, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University