Open Rank- Associate/ Full Professor
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment of Pediatrics- Section of Pulmonary and Sleep MedicineAssociate Professor or ProfessorPosition #780970 – Requisition #20047
This is a full time (1.0FTE/.75cFTE) Open Rank Faculty (Associate to Full Professor) position in the Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine at the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC) in Aurora, Colorado. This position will collaboratively lead and support the administrative functions for clinical operations for the section of pediatric pulmonary and sleep medicine at a .25FTE. This position will also maintain a .75cFTE and provide clinical services/direct patient care (to include ILD program management) as determined by the needs of the section.Professional FieldPediatric Pulmonary MedicineExamples of Work PerformedThe duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: .25FTE Clinic Medical Director
• Work closely with nurse manager/operations supervisor to manage clinic schedules for all providers and staff including templates, room utilization and template utilization
• Monitors patient satisfaction for clinics and programs
• Brings provider concerns to attention of clinic leadership and ambulatory administration to improve clinical services
• Works with nurse manager regarding role of nursing and MAs and expectations for our clinics
• Strives to improve clinic efficiency and put processes in place to improve patient flow
• Works with clinic leadership to establish annual budget and targets for visits
• Works with practice and operations manager (POM) in establishing and updating billing codes for pulmonary ancillary services provided in clinic
• Works with POM to review clinic and provider productivity to optimize efficiency
• Evaluates needs for pulmonary outpatient services throughout the region and plans for expansion of pulmonary satellite or outreach clinics
• Works with Epic staff to develop smart texts/phrases, letters, flow sheets and orders for pulmonary outpatient care. Updates pulmonary text and phrases as needed and assists pulmonary providers to optimize Epic utilization.
• Meets monthly with CU Medicine and works with CU Medicine as needed to optimize outpatient billing and procedures billings in compliance with regulations. Create billing opportunities in Epic to meet needs of pulmonary service.
* Meets monthly (or PRN) with CU Medicine to review charges and collections.
• Attends monthly clinic medical directors, BI clinical and clinic operational services meetings; meets with pulmonary nurse manager as needed and attends additional meetings regarding outpatient clinical services as needed.
§ .75cFTE Clinical:• Conduct Outpatient clinics (asthma and general pulmonary) at main, NOC and/or regional locations as needed
• Attend inpatient, NICU, pulmonary consult and/or general pulmonary consult service
• Perform bronchoscopies, laryngoscopies, reading PFTs, etc.
• Participate in teaching and scholarly activities for the section, Department of Pediatrics and School of Medicine as neededSupervision ReceivedThe Associate Professor or Professor reports to Robin Deterding, Professor. Supervision ExercisedThis position may supervise Advanced Practice Providers as assignedSalary RangeThe salary range for this position has been established at:Associate Professor: $175,218 to $193,973Professor: $239,569- $279,926The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- MD/DOBoard certified in PediatricsBoard certified in Pediatric Pulmonary Must be licensed or able to obtain licensure in the State of Colorado prior to start date
• Prescriptive Authority
• Experience with electronic medical health record systemKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge appropriate for individuals completing a three-year Pediatric Pulmonary FellowshipAbility to complete pediatric pulmonary diagnostics and therapeutic proceduresPediatric clinical assessment skillsStrong commitment to teaching and mentoring responsibilitiesStrong interpersonal communication skills including both written and verbalExceptional time-management skills (to include managing email and other electronic forms of communicationAbility to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary group
- Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children’s Hospital ColoradoMust be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing