Instrument Sterilization Tech
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Determines the appropriate processes for instrument sterilization Monitor sterilization process to determine if properly completed. Determine order of processing to ensure supply of instruments meets the demand of the respective clinics. Determine order of special instrument needs.Determining which instruments go into each setup for each department or specialized unit. Knowing what is needed and making sure that the students and faculty have the correct instrumentation according to schedules.
- Position may be assigned weekend and/or evening shiftsPosition may be assigned a 4/10 work week schedule
- Cleans and decontaminates instruments and equipment according to established procedures and techniques.Ensures proper functioning of equipment.Cleans sanitizing machines and equipment. Maintains a level of sterilized instruments for distribution.Issues sterile reusable instruments to the clinical units.Collects and reprocess reusable patient care instruments. Collects dirty case cart from all clinical floors and transport to main decontamination. Transports sterile instrumentation to all clinical floors via case cart.Prepares specialized instruments set-ups for undergraduate students, residents and faculty to be used during dental patient treatment.
- Issues sterile reusable instruments to operatories and clinical units; collects and resterilizes used instruments. Prepares specialized instruments set-ups for undergraduate students, residents and faculty to be used during dental patient treatment.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the unit to include: scheduling, directing work of others, providing input on performance evaluations
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of experience in sterilizing dental and /or medical instruments and equipment, which included at least one year of experience preparing specialized dental instrument setups.
- Certification either as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or as a Sterile Processing and Distribution (SPD) Technician from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).
- Experience working in a centralized sterilization laboratory.
- Experience in all stages of the sterilization process, including decontamination, preparation and packaging, storage and distribution.
- Experience sterilizing medical or dental equipment where sterilization duties consist of at least 50% of position’s assigned duties.
- Knowledge of all areas in the Dental Reprocessing and Distribution.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to troubleshoot and verify the accuracy of workAbility to work independently and be a part of a teamKnowledge of current dental technologies and materials
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021
Unposting Date: Feb 25, 2021, 11:59:00 PM