University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Health and Wellness Center
Communication Professional (Marketing Coordinator or Marketing Specialist)
Position #00779275– Requisition #20169
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center resides within the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) is an interdisciplinary center whose overarching goals are to have an impact on the campus while building towards sustainability. Either of these alone is insufficient. We strive to achieve both. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness and weight loss programs and work with patients, providers, students and trainees, employees, researchers to take these programs beyond the walls of the center into communities. The mission of the center is "to collaborate with campus partners to develop and deliver programs and services targeting physical activity, nutrition, and mental wellbeing that enhance the lives of people who come here." The vision of the center is "a campus where wellness is a foundation of everything we do." All endeavors at the center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach with a shared philosophy is core to the development of the center's programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, and the metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration, it is not possible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the development of the center. The center serves as a "learning lab" for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.Job Summary
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) Marketing Specialist will focus primarily on marketing support for AHWC's Fitness Center (up to 80%), including new member acquisition, member engagement and retention, and overall marketing efforts for all fitness and sales-related activities. This high-performing position will work closely with the marketing, sales, and fitness teams to promote the center's services and brand to the CU Anschutz campus and surrounding communities. This position will also provide marketing support for other service lines at AHWC including, but not limited to: CU Wellness Clinic, Weight Loss Programs, and general building communication and support. Supervision Received
Marketing & Communications ManagerSupervision Exercised
NoneExamples of Work Performed
Specific duties and responsibilities of the marketing specialist may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with new member acquisition strategies and coordinate campaigns and promotions that drive new member leads and converted sales. Attend weekly sales meetings and work closely with marketing and sales teams on promotion, execution, and reporting.
- Coordinate member engagement and retention programs, including onboarding, email marketing, and market research.
- Coordinate marketing efforts for fitness and sales programs and events throughout the year (classes, workshops, orientations, campus events), including updating the website, social media integration, promotional materials, ticketing/sales coordination, and serving as an AHWC representative at events.
- Occasional night or weekend work may be required to coordinate various events and critical member communication.
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $45,948 to $58,445 and is commensurate with skills and experience.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field from an accredited university.
- One (1) years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working within a sales-oriented retail or membership-driven organization
- Demonstrated experience developing and coordinating marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated experience writing compelling and clear copy for a variety of sales and communication materials
- Experience working in fitness or sports industries
- Knowledge of AP style
- Graphic design experience and strong design aesthetic
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, CRM tools, social media, paid digital ads (Facebook, Google), WordPress, Eventbrite, Trello, Formstack, Club Automation
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Creative thinker with a strong eye for design, detail, and the ability to synthesize information and execute on larger vision
- Work well under pressure and possesses excellent attention to detail
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing