2nd Shift Museum Attendant (OPS) - 28 hrs/week
Job Title: 2nd Shift Museum Attendant (OPS) - 28 hrs/week
Location: Sarasota, FL
Job ID: 48458
Department The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
- Website: https://www.ringling.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheRingling
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRingling
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theringling/
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/theringling
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ringlingmuseum/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpI2uPmy9NN2yMit1EFOuAQEqual Employment Opportunity The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email [email protected] or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement: https://hr.fsu.edu/?page=diversity/diversity_about_us
- FSU Strategic Plan: https://strategicplan.fsu.edu/diversity-inclusion/
- Ringling Strategic Plan: https://www.ringling.org/strategic-planResponsibilities This role works in a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings on The Ringling's grounds, including The Asolo Repertory Theater.
Duties will include:
- Patrolling buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart.
- Maintaining the safety of all staff and visitors.
- Protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds guarding against theft, vandalism, and other damage.
- Assisting with urgent/emergency situations, such as accidents/injuries, medical emergencies, theft, vandalism, and other incidents calmly and in a timely manner.Qualifications - High school diploma/equivalent required.
- Customer Service skills in assisting visitors and patrons of the museum by providing direction to various locations of the buildings and or grounds and answering general questions, as needed.
- Experience in handling and addressing policy violations and conflict resolution.
- Ability to utilize computers to write reports, send correspondences, and submit work orders, as needed.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply campus rules and regulations related to work performed.
- A valid driver's license is required (Note: Learner's Permits are not acceptable).Helpful Skills listed below would be helpful in this role, but are not required for hire. Please note all training will be provided by The Ringling.
- Prior security experience or military service.
- Experience in a museum, cultural institution or non-profit organization.
- Prior experience in approaching work and interaction with colleagues and/or students in an equity-minded manner. Ability to promote an inclusive and welcoming work/education environment.Contact Info For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or [email protected] Salary Range $10.50 per hour.
Museum Attendants also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Free admission
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on select performances and events and much more!Pay Plan This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Please note this role is not temporary.Schedule Primary working hours are between 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM. Approximately 28 hours per week. Weekends, days, and holidays may be required per the needs of the Ringling.Criminal Background Check This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.Affordable Care Act Florida state benefits are not available for this role.
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.