Instructional Designer II
Job no: 515756
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:32010600 - PH-CURRICULARAFF&ACCREDITATION
Instructional Designer IIJob Description:
Project Management and Delivery
Reporting to the faculty course director, the instructional designer oversees the daily operation of course delivery (implementation phase) in regards to its online and classroom activities as delivered by a team of faculty teaching partners and a dedicated academic coordinator. Establish goals and monitor progress to ensure timely and quality completion of project development and successful delivery of courses by faculty teaching partners and academic coordinator. Maintain accurate and complete annual course review records for all courses assigned, providing curriculum committees with comprehensive details on instructional impact, student engagement, and faculty contributions.
Materials Development and Technology Integration
Maintain organized storage of course documents, materials and assets. Utilize message, graphic and web-design skills to build e-learning course sites in the Canvas LMS. Apply copyright guidelines, ADA accessibility guidelines, and university standards and policies for branding and web-design. Strategically utilize the Canvas integrated tool-sets when appropriate to produce faculty and administrative efficiency, and engage students in meeting course goals and objectives.
Learning Design and Faculty Development
Select, modify or create instructional design models and/or strategies to address course needs. Guide faculty through the development of pedagogically sound synchronous or asynchronous distance learning activities with appropriate and seamless integration of technology. Design learning activities that reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners. Evaluate and assess the impact of learning activities and instructional interventions. Design and facilitate faculty training sessions on teaching and learning or educational technologies.
Participate in relevant communities at the college and university level that aids instructional design, pedagogy, and technology-enhanced and online learning. Apply and participate in current research in instructional design methodologies, learning sciences, and education. Identify and resolve broken systems, processes and procedures, to maximize efficiency and productivity. Analyze new or emerging technologies and their potential educational functions for the college.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree education with focus in instructional design and technology, instructional systems design, or educational technology, and 3 years or more demonstrable instructional design / development experience.
- A strong understanding of instructional design methodologies, learning theories, and assessment, as well as familiarity with national trends and issues in education.
- Knowledge of various learning management systems used to deliver online education.
- Experience with blended learning and other approaches used in professional education programs.
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple large projects with multiple developers involved.
- Experience with the integration of multimedia tools used to facilitate online and interactive video conferencing (IVC) education.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience using and integrating current technologies in learning environments; working knowledge of different mobile platforms and principles of UX or user interface design; effective oral and written communication skills; experience teaching and/or facilitating students in learning; and experience supporting faculty educators in a higher education setting.
In order to be considered, you must upload you cover letter, list of references, and a resume.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 11 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time