OPS Client Services Representative
Job no: 515773
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28319000 - VM-SAH CUSTOMER SERVICE
OPS Veterinary Client Services RepJob Description:
This individual will work one-on-one with clients and hospital staff and must be able to develop friendly, professional relationships and maintain a positive attitude throughout all interactions. This position is responsible for facilitating clients’ visits, directing communications with clients during their visit, and acting as a liaison between the client and the staff to ensure the visit goes smoothly. Individual must possess the ability to empathize with clients that are distressed by long waits, scheduling glitches, and other problems. Individual should genuinely care about people and animals, possess excellent communication skills, highly organized, strong public relations skills, initiative to problem solve, active listening skills, confidence in handling customer interactions, relationship building skills, projecting a professional image, and good interpersonal skills. Must be outgoing, full of enthusiasm and a team player.
This is considered essential personnel and will be part of the emergency response teamExpected Salary:
$13.00 - $15.00 hourlyMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, veterinary medicine, medical records, and billing systems
- Proficiency with basic computer functions and ability to quickly learn new programs.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
- Good communication skills, both verbally (telephone and person-to-person); as well as good literacy skills (ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to success on this position
- Demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with clients from a variety of backgrounds in a tactful and courteous manner
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate in a busy environment
- Ability to make timely decisions in potentially stressful conditions while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work within a team and perform with minimum supervision
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload or work schedule while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems to achieve a desired outcome
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate with a variety of personnel in a positive manner; Able to maintain effective working relationships with clinicians, coworkers, students, and clients
- Open to accept constructive criticism from senior staff and clinicians and respond accordingly
This position is considered essential personnel
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Must be able to lift minimum of fifty pounds, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist, and stand for extended periods of time.
Advertised: 12 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time