MGR, Health Care Admin
Job no: 515766
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Health Profession, Other
Department:34060300 - DN-ST. PETERSBURG
MGR, Health Care AdminJob Description:
Provide marketing, clinical and business staff leadership. Administer human resources (HR) policies, staff training and development, payroll rules and guidelines compliance, staff scheduling, and performance development. Follow established University of Florida (UF), College of Dentistry (COD), and department policies and procedures.
Manage front office operations, call center, patient customer service, scheduling, patient billing, collections, insurance processes, insurance denials, and patient and insurance a/r, and treatment plan reviews. Responsible for ensuring that appropriate supply levels for operations and patient care are maintained at all times.
Manage dental assistants; ensure appropriate staffing levels, resources, and task assignments are maintained; and ensure established processes are followed to guarantee that patient care proceeds efficiently and effectively. Coordinate required preventative and on-going maintenance and replacement of equipment and instruments. Manage all outside vendors that provide building, maintenance, and other external services. Manage the ordering, receiving, and proper storage of all materials, instruments, and supplies.
Manage clinical and business operations and ensure that they are within budgetary guidelines. Monitor daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual metrics; adjust operations and processes to meet targets.
Manage the strategic plan and day-to-day implementation of marketing and community outreach to ensure the proper patient visits and mix to meet financial, clinic utilization and academic goals. Design and/or complete special projects and other miscellaneous tasks (as needed)
$75,000 - $86,000 commensurate with education/experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION & TRAINING: Prefer Business Administration, Marketing, or Health Administration
EXPERIENCE: Prefer management experience in a high volume dental practice.
- Thorough knowledge of business operations
- Thorough knowledge of team leadership
- Thorough knowledge of financial and operational statements
- Thorough knowledge of performance management and development
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (emphasis on Excel)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with dental coding, dental treatments, Medicaid and insurance plans and billing and patient privacy laws.
- Critical thinking abilities
- Problem solving abilities
- Process evaluation and improvement abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand goals and expectations
- Ability to formulate daily and long-term strategies/plans to accomplish goals and provide leadership/direction to staff members
- Ability to understand/apply rules, priorities, principles, policies, and procedures to daily/overall work schedule
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 12 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 04 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time