Graphic Designer I
Graphic Designer IRequisition Number:
The Graphic Designer I supports the Graphic Design team in conceptualizing and designing marketing materials and communications for print, digital and environmental media. The Designer I creates print and digital campaigns for enrollment, workforce development, and fundraising for the College, including advertising campaigns, collateral, flyers, brochures, social media graphics, posters, invitations, pitch decks, displays, environmental graphics, and more. This position is responsible for transforming concepts into dynamic, multi-platform deliverables that amplify the College’s offerings and resonate with target audiences. Working within a highly collaborative, solution-driven environment, the Graphic Designer I demonstrates creativity and knowledge of current print and digital media production standards, and best practices.Specific Responsibilities:
• Design, layout, illustration, and pre-production of College communications for print and digital platforms, including publications and reports, advertising, website, brochures, posters, flyers, html emails, social media, web graphics, environmental graphics, and other displays & presentations, etc. from concept through completion.
• Utilizing an understanding of integrative marketing along with design principles, create campaigns for both brand awareness and call to action.
• Ensure understanding of client needs and create designs that work within College brand and identity standards to create compelling materials that work for the clients and resonate with audiences.
• Through research and demonstrated understanding of current design trends, along with familiarity with classic design, select type styles, paper stock, ink color, photographs, and other visual components to ensure high-quality production.
• Develop innovative design assets for print, web, social media, and digital platforms and ensure that diversity and inclusion are integral in designs.
• Utilize the photo resource archive for design creation.
• Shoot and edit digital photographs that fit within the College’s look and style to be used in design projects.
• Demonstrate and maintain a commitment to brand standards as well as designing with and for diverse clients, audiences, and stakeholders.
• Maintain high standards of accuracy.
• Prepare files for variable on-demand printing.
• Maintain files and documentation for all jobs consistent with department guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Associate’s degree, or equivalent coursework, in graphic design or related coursework required.
• A minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in graphic and/or media design.
• Professional level portfolio demonstrating experience of effective, creative, design capabilities required.
• Demonstrated understanding of basic design principles (color, layout, use of imagery, typography, etc.) as well as integrated marketing required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in (Mac and PC) Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and MS Office, with skills in digital photography and photo editing as well as preparation of electronic files for print and digital production required.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and deadlines and work well with a variety of clients and collaborators required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to work effectively within a team or independently required.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven work environment required.
• Detail-oriented with attention to accuracy required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• HTML authoring/web design experience preferred.
• Experience with creating motion graphics and shooting and editing video preferred.
• Experience using Basecamp preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload a link to your professional level portfolio demonstrating experience of effective, creative, design capabilities in the Applicant Documents section under Other Document (required).
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on February 25, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
$17.60 - $22.51Job Posting Open Date:
02/02/2021Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :