Payables Program Analyst
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-11
The Department of Procurement and Supplier Diversity seek a highly independent, data-driven applicant for the position of Payables Project Analyst. This position will be integral to the success of the team and projects by providing support in the areas of deep data analysis, relationship management, and program support across all areas related to the UVA payables area. This position is ideal for an individual who thrives in an ever changing environments, with an aptitude to solve problems and think creatively.
Work is independent, and goals are set in coordination with a supervisor. Interim telework applies until June 2021, after which time in-office work and/or telework may be required. Candidate must possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Program Support (85%)
Provides support and contributes subject matter expertise in the implementation and functionality of all payable related projects. Contributes to the success of the project with timely completion of deliverables required by the project plan, support in both planning and implementation phases, and communication efforts to stakeholder both internal and external. Analyze current state processes and assists in identifying areas of opportunity for future state.
- (1a) Relationship Management, Support and Training: Upholds and promotes good professional rapport with University departments and vendors by creating open and transparent dialogue and working to create solutions that benefit all stakeholders. Communicates daily with a variety of external vendors with a strong ability and affinity for customer service, problem solving, and conflict resolution. Prepares marketing and communication materials, and presents material in a variety of stakeholder forums.
- (1b) Data Analysis and Reporting: Collects operational data related to payables activities and uses data analytics methods to drive data-driven decisions and improve processes. Creatively uses data to identify root-cause of inefficiencies and highlight possible solutions. Use expert skills in data analysis and excellent communication skills to create and communicate the story behind the data to key stakeholders, including management, payables team, departments, and external customers.
Payables Operational Assistance (15%)
Become subject matter expert in all areas of payables (expense, University purchasing card, Invoicing, payments, etc.). Provide support and leadership as needed. Understand key processes with a focus on process improvement for operational team.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least one year of business-related experience is required, up to four years is preferred. Experience in a fast-paced office environment with requires quick thinking, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience developing and reporting on metrics and quantifiable savings.
- Specific experience with supporting the full lifecycle of procurement activities from requirements development to contract closeout and supplier engagement.
- Knowledge of procurement, accounts payable, expenses, and credit card programs in a university setting strongly preferred.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to build relationships, develop internal and external partnerships, and influence change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation and reporting skills.
Physical Demands: This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop/laptop computers.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $60,000 - $70,000 (commensurate with qualifications) with UVA Benefits.
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter. Applicant review will begin February 15. This position will remain open until filled.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Payables Project Analyst". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.