Executive Assistant to the VP for Advancement
Executive Assistant to the VP for AdvancementPosting Number:
20110331Key Responsibilities :
• The executive assistant position is responsible for providing executive office management and primary administrative support for the VP for Advancement. Secondary support is also given to the Board Committee for Advancement, the Major Gifts Directors, the direct reports of the VP, and the College Counsel/Mock Trial Coach. Some support is also given to the Advancement division team members. Supervision of the Juniata Associate for Advancement, Interns, and student workers is also given.
• The Manager of Campaign Communications position is responsible for providing executive office management and primary support to the Campaign staff, the Co-Chairs, and the overall Campaign Volunteer committee. This position is responsible for coordinating campaign meetings and primary communication to the campaign committees.
• The Manager of Sill Business Incubator position is responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of the building, its tenants, supervision of the Juniata Associate for SBI, recruitment of tenants, and SBI budget officer.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Requiring considerable independent judgment and significant knowledge of advancement policies, procedures and programs, this job is also responsible for working with departments within Advancement on the organization and execution of fundraising programs and related activities. Also included is the coordination of staff meetings and agendas, travel planning, budget monitoring, departmental accounting, data related procedures, prospect/donor management, and constituent communication.
• This individual will support the campaign by focusing on volunteer boards, various committees, and task forces. They will work primarily with the VP for Advancement to establish strategic goals for each volunteer group; assist in implementing our annual operational plan; and manage and implement follow-up tasks directly with a number of the College’s largest donors and prospects. Administrative support to the volunteer Believe Campaign Committee including meeting planning and preparation, project management, volunteer management and meeting follow-up, as well as coordination with the committee chairs is also expected.
• This individual will oversee the budgets of the Advancement division as well as the Sill Business Incubator and the Pivot fund, coordinate all aspects of travel for the VP, organize division meetings and retreats, track follow up and assist in compiling fundraising data and reports.
• This individual will coordinate the prep, attend, and follow-up on board meetings for the Committee for Advancement by preparing and posting documents, prepping board reps, setting up the meetings, taking notes, recording as necessary, and providing minutes.
• This individual will write, edit and produce documents and communication, reports, and presentations to be used in all aspects of Advancement, the Campaign, and Sill.
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…Position Qualifications:
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities)
• Combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates high quality professional communication, information and program management, and supervisory experience.
• Minimum of two years’ experience assisting vice president or c-suite level; preferably in higher education or corporate environment.
• Confidentiality, persuasiveness, professionalism; demonstrated familiarity with philanthropy.
• Proficiency with database operation and protocols, and advanced writing skills.
• Proficiency operating Microsoft Office and other office software.
• The individual will also manage other projects as necessary.
This position works with considerable independence and under general guidelines and directions. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups.
Supervises Juniata Associates, Interns, and student workers.Open Date:
01/27/2021Open Until Filled: