Dance Coach/Teacher - Temporary
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-10
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
* Designs and teaches all aspects of the UM Frost Band of the Hour Drumline performances including,
but not limited to, pre-game, half-time, post-game, parade, pep rally and any other events in
conjunction with the Frost Band of the Hour Marching Band and Pep Band.
* Teaches all aspects of physical performance body techniques of marching band students.
* Works closely with the Assistant Director of Athletic Bands/Director of Marching Percussion on the
field and arena formation designs for the drumline. Teach all students the various aspects of these
formations and design.
* The instructor is expected to attend all rehearsals and performances of the marching band, pep band
and drumline, unless cleared in advance by the director and comply with all university Faculty/Staff and
Frost Band of the Hour policies.
* The instructor is expected to attend weekly staff meetings.
* Instructor must possess a high level of marching battery percussion performance experience at high
school, college, drum corps world class levels.
* Instructor must possess a high level of marching battery percussion teaching experience at high
school, college, drum corps world class levels. This includes techniques for snare, tenors, bass drums,
* Instructor must have a solid working knowledge of the latest marching percussion trends and
* Instructor must have experience is the area of marching percussion drill, staging and
* Instructor must have experience writing for a marching percussion ensemble.
* Instructor must have experience with indoor drum lines for basketball season including show design
and rehearsal techniques.
* Bachelors degree in related field required.
This position will be under the supervision of Douglas McCullough, Lecturer, Assistant Director of
Athletic Bands/Director of Marching Percussion, FROST SCHOOL OF MUSIC
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:Temporary-IntermittentPay Grade:c102