Team Administrator - Facilities & Game Operations
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-12
Job TitleTeam Administrator - Facilities & Game OperationsAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentAthleticsProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
NSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Team Administrator - Facilities & Game Operations is responsible for planning and organizing athletic event activities and the preparation of the facility in which they are held. This includes managing logistics such as maintenance, scheduling, crowd control, vendors, and the facilitation of communication and services to campus partners, internal staff, and participants.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and assists with game management and event operations to ensure facilities are ready and game day support staff coverage needs are met. Assists other athletic partners (internal and external) with various game day planning activities and coordinates on-site logistics to prepare for events.
- Create, produce and implement a comprehensive operational plan for all athletic events and activities.
- Serves as liaison with all pertinent game/event operations for athletic events with SSC, University Projects Office, Safety and Risk Management, and other appropriate business units within the university community. Serves as point contact with campus police and pertinent event operations units.
- Serves as point person on department-wide event calendar for coordinating shared facility use requests for all coaches and staff members (shared responsibility with the Athletics Directors assistant).
- Coordinates game day support schedule assignments to ensure proper coverage of game operations.
- Manages hiring and training of all game day support.
- Tracks year-round facility maintenance planning and projects to ensure continuous organization and cleanliness of all athletic facilities. Identifies, recommends and coordinates facility maintenance needs.
- Serves as a liaison to University student organizations and community groups for Lion Athletics.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Minimum of two (2) years of related experience with athletic game operations and event management. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Must be self-motivated and team-oriented. Excellent interpersonal skills. Working knowledge of EMS scheduling software, Microsoft Word and Excel. Individuals must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends. Moderate travel required to travel for activities such as out of town meetings or training sessions.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Interns and student workers
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.