Coordinator of Lions Champion Fund
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-12
Job TitleCoordinator of Lions Champion FundAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentVice President of Institutional AdvancementProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Coordinator of the Lion Champions Fund acts in conjunction with Development Directors, Senior Athletic Associate Director of Championship Resources, and the Director of Annual Giving and Special Projects to manage annual solicitations for fundraising efforts in Intercollegiate Athletics. In addition they will be responsible for a personal portfolio of 100 major gift prospects and donors. Participates in fundraising activities pertaining to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual major donors and prospects for the university with emphasis on Athletics. Effectively utilizes communications and relationship building strategies for meeting the various fundraising needs of the institution and Intercollegiate Athletics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating annual solicitation and special project fundraising efforts for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards leadership annual giving and major gift prospects in collaboration with the Development Director(s) and the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Championship Resources.
- Collaborates with athletic coaches and staff to identify priority athletics fundraising needs.
- Builds, maintains and strengthens positive relationships with individuals within and external to, the University community.
- Responsible for strategy and execution of the Lion Champions Fund (athletics annual giving).
- Aggressively pursues annual and major gift fundraising initiatives and ensures appropriate recognition.
- Performs research regarding individuals’ giving capacity, interests, and giving history.
- Maintains moves management as it pertains to fundraising within the Raiser’s Edge NXT database.
- Assists in the research and development of appropriate fundraising proposals.
- Responsible for achieving performance goals, as outlined by the Director of Athletics, Vice President for Philanthropy and Engagement, and/or the President/CEO.
- Regularly attends and participates in university wide functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Two years of related experience in intercollegiate athletics or philanthropic environment.
- Knowledge / Skills: Strong organizational skills, ability to work well with colleagues and students. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to manage several large projects simultaneously.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid Driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Frequent travel averaging about 40% of time spent out of the office. Travel will include air and overnight stays.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Higher Education fundraising experience with emphasis in Athletics or face-to-face solicitation. Database application experience.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.